Derek Harvieux practices in the areas of:
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury & Workers’ Compensation
- Business Law, Banking & Commercial Transactions
- Employment Law
- Real Estate & Housing Law
- Appellate Law
- Estate Planning & Probate
- Family Law
Derek received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Minnesota where he majored in Psychology. Prior to attending law school, he enjoyed a successful career in consumer and commercial lending.
Derek attended Mitchell Hamline School of Law on a presidential scholarship. He graduated top of his class, summa cum laude, achieving numerous academic honors. As a law clerk and a certified student attorney, Derek argued on behalf of clients in court and drafted briefs in cases before trial and appellate courts. He served as a research assistant to several professors, focusing on issues related to health care and trade secret litigation. Derek also volunteered as a teaching assistant, tutoring first year law students in torts, contracts, criminal law, and civil procedure.
As an attorney, Derek began his practice in general civil litigation with a focus on commercial construction and real estate disputes. He has successfully argued cases before the Minnesota Court of Appeals and has litigated on behalf of businesses and individuals throughout the United States. Derek also has significant experience in the areas of personal injury and employment law.
Derek and his wife, Kristin, live in Sartell with their two beautiful daughters. In his spare time, Derek enjoys watching mixed martial arts, baseball, and tennis, as well as fishing, barbequing, card games, and generally spending time with his family.
- J.D., Mitchell Hamline School of Law (2017), summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Minnesota (2012)
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, NEXT - Chamber’s Emerging Leaders, St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce